Safety is standard at Toyota and they lead the industry with the best customer support and designs.
Toyota forklifts meet and exceed requirements in place by OSHA and ANSI, and their safety features are not matched by other manufacturers.
Toyota forklifts exclusively have a system of active stability with active mast function control. Toyota’s System of Active Stability (SAS) is proactively reducing the risk of injuries and accidents, yet other manufacturers use a reactive system.
- SAS detects unsafe operating conditions by taking over 3,000 reads per second. SAS immediately engages its swing lock cylinder to stabilize the lift truck when the situation that is detected is risky and this reduces the likelihood of an overturn. The Active Control Rear Stabilizer and the Active Mast Function Controller also adds stability and helps avoid accidents or injuries.
Active Mast Function Control (AMS), when lifting payloads, can recognize a dangerous tilt speed and will lower the speed of the mast so that it will not tip over. AMS will automatically detect mast height and load weight and if it senses any instability, it will override the manual operators controls and limit its forward tilt which decreases the chance of tipping the lift truck forward or spilling a load.
Automatic Fork Lever resets empty forks to a level position just by the push of a button; and operators easily navigate in and out of pallets which increases productivity and gives the operator confidence.
Standard forklift safety features, as part of Toyota’s commitment to safety, include:
- rear horn with ergonomic grip
- seat belt
- skid resistant entry and exit
- welded overhead guard for improved visibility
- ergonomic placement of hydraulic controls
If you have any questions regarding Toyota’s forklift safety, please reach out to us at The Lilly Company!